My family is bananas for this cake!
- 125g softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (although I never put it in)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup roughly chopped bananas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the butter, sugar and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
- Gradually add the eggs and beat well. Sift in the flour and baking soda.
- Add the sour cream, bananas and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased bundt tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Mix 3/4 cups of brown sugar with 1 cup of cream and mix in a saucepan over moderate heat for about 8 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Allow to cool and pour over the chilled cake.
This is also great on cheesecake!